I never admit I am on a diet. I say things like this instead.
1. It’s not a diet, it’s a lifestyle change.
2. I’m eating for energy.
3. This 10 dollar green juice is working wonders on my adrenals.
4. Five chocolate chips in the afternoon totally handles the cravings.
5. I can live without bread.
6. I don’t even miss it.
7. It’s about embracing an eating plan you can stick with forever.
8. There is such a thing as good fat.
9. I’m trying to consume consciously.
10. If you cut out the food additives the rest comes naturally.
11. Maybe I should do a cleanse.
12. Sunday is my cheat day.
13. Who knew tomatoes were so inflammatory?
14. Maybe I should go vegan.
15. I love kale.
16. I’m not even hungry.
17. Butter is actually good for you.
18. Cheese is overrated.
19. If I make my food from scratch I’ll eat less of it.
20. After tonight I’ll never eat ice cream again.
What annoying things do you say about your “meal planning”?
Photo of me from 2008 by Marcy Maloy