It’s New Years Eve and I have been thinking about resolutions. I haven’t had much luck with them in the past.
I once decided I was never going to eat ice cream again. Seriously, I decided I would never eat it again, so that night I was justified in eating almost an entire half-gallon of mint chocolate chip ice cream because that would be my last ice cream of my life. Obviously this didn’t work out for me. Have you noticed how often I talk about Bi-Rite Creamery on this blog?
I don’t do too well with stopping things. I think I’m more of a “start” type of gal. If I am going to change something for the better I have to get busy doing something rather than just thinking to myself… “I will never do, eat, say, so and so again.”
I like the idea of a reboot, a re-start. The idea that you can start anew.
A lot of what I have done with this Blog has been a bit of a reboot for me. I ran my #cleaningfun and #alittlemoreeffort posts. They were great because I was actually doing something to change something I didn’t like about myself. I am still not “Little Miss Tidy”, but it’s better than it was.
So, here are some of my reboot ideas for 2013:
1. I lost all the baby weight, but this has left me feeling kinda drained physically. I feel like I am not eating the foods and nutrients my body needs for my overall health and more important;y nursing Phoebe.
2. I really need to sort out Ella’s diet. White food and ketchup are her staples.
3. I need new clothes and a closet organization. I have about 5 different sizes in there right now and a lot of it I don’t even like. Almost everything is black, navy blue or was handed down to me by someone else.
4. I am using make-up that is over 2 years old, ewe.
5. I need to fix my back yard and renovate Chloe’s new room. (we will be transitioning Phoebe into Ella’s room and renovating a space downstairs to be Chloe’s room. It will be quite a project because we had some flooding there a few months ago.)
6. I need to read more both for myself and with my kids.
There is more, but I think that’s a good start. I would love it if you would do this with me on areas you want a fresh start on. I’ll post updates and pictures on Instagram hash tagged #2013reboot. I find it a lot easier if I’m doing stuff like this with other people.